Sunday, February 22, 2015

Favorite Recipe: Peanut Butter Overnight Oats



I made these overnight oats last week for my husband and he LOVED them!  As a former collegiate offensive lineman, he has a pretty healthy appetite and is more of a "meat and potatoes" kinda guy.  So it's fun having someone like him as my guinea pig for healthy recipes because if big guy likes it, then it's gotta be good!  He's definitely a good sport about trying my healthier recipes and I'm just glad we continue to find good things our whole family can enjoy.

So here is the recipe for this quick, grab and go breakfast or snack.  Feel free to comment below if you have any questions or variations you've tried of this.

Ingredients
1 large ripe banana
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
Directions
I simply threw all the ingredients in a food processor, blended it up and poured mixture into mason jars.

If you do not have a food processor, you can do the following:  In a large mixing bowl, mash banana well.  Add oats, almond mix and peanut butter.  Stir vigorously, making sure to mix in all the peanut butter.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Pour mixture into mason jars.

Store jars in refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning or for an afternoon snack.  No need to reheat.

Optional Toppings
Sliced banana
Chocolate shavings
Blueberries or Strawberries
Coconut shavings with agave or honey drizzle



For more recipes like this as well as fitness and nutrition tips, be sure to follow Coach Christina and CWSC Performance on Instagram and Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Love overnight oats! I had some leftover light coconut milk from a recipe I made earlier in the week so I used the coconut milk in place of almond milk - fabulous decision. I typically just mix together equal amount of oats, almond milk (or coconut milk) and Greek yogurt. And the next morning I top with a big ole scoop of nut butter.

    ReplyDelete