Saturday, November 5, 2016

Now You Can Train With the CoachRunnerFitmom

It's pretty obvious from my blogging and InstaLife that I love me some running and fitness.  My daily posts about my training are not only there for me to reflect on and keep me accountable, but also hopefully serve as inspiration and motivation to some of my InstaFriends.

But what many may not know is that fitness is not just my passion, it is also my livelihood and has been for over a decade!  I have been a part of a wide variety of fitness endeavors from personal training to clinical exercise physiology to gym management.   Today, my husband (Hunter) and I own and operate a performance training facility here in Central Florida called The Athlete Factory.  In our facility, we train competitive athletes from youth to professional, as well as "weekend warriors."  This had been a dream of ours since we met back in our college day and has been such a crazy ride to make it come true!
Being involved in sports my whole life, I always knew I wanted to pursue a career in the filed.  I attended East Carolina University, where I received a degree in Exercise Physiology.  While there, I obtained my first ever certification as an aerobics instructor and began teaching classes my Junior year, and my senior year, I interned as an exercise physiologist (which is where I met my husband).  After college, I moved to Orlando to pursue a career in sports and fitness, and soon became a fitness manager at one of the area's premier health clubs.  Hunter, who was working at the same club, built an impressive clientele of many of the area's most elite athletes and soon landed a job in management as the sport performance team leader.

When our first son was born, I took some time off to stay home with my him, and worked part time with a few clients and taught group exercise classes.  About a year after our second son was born, Hunter, and I decided to open our own facility and I returned to work full time with him.  Already certified in personal training and a variety of group fitness genres from yoga to spinning, I added a Strength and Conditioning coach certification to my repertoire and began coaching athletes of all ages, sports and skill level.

I absolutely love getting to work with a wide variety of athletes in our facility, helping them achieve their performance goals, but I have also wanted to reach even more people, specifically in the running community where I feel most at home.  So I began blogging and posting about my own personal journey, as well as share some knowledge and expertise in hopes to educate, motivate and inspire others.  Over the past year or so, it has been brought to my attention by friends, followers and former colleagues, how much I could truly help fellow runners by combining my passion for running with my strength coaching background.

So I am pleased to announce, I am currently working on a program that will do just that!  A strength and conditioning program designed specifically for the needs and demands of runners.  And unlike other programs where you just download a cookie-cutter collection of exercises and left to your own demise, you will receive personalized program design (based on your goals, needs and current level of fitness), as well as coaching and accountability from yours truly.

And guess what, you do not even have to live anywhere near me to be able to train with me!  This program will all be done through an easy to use app that can be downloaded right to your mobile device.  Through the app, I will provide you with all the programming, a workout schedule, videos of all the exercises, 24/7 access to me through mobile messaging, accountability and much more!  In addition to the app, there will be an initial phone call to discuss your goals, availability, medical history and any other information that helps me set up the most effective plan for you.  Then there will be a monthly follow up call to ensure we are on the right path to get you where you want to go.

Program launch is projected for later this month and more information on program details, pricing and how to sign up will be coming in the very near future.  I will only have limited space, so if this is something you may be interested in, contact me ASAP so you will be the first to know when you can get started training with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment