Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Freekeh Foods Recipe



I was given the opportunity through FitApproach to test out a delicious new product by Freekeh Foods.  Freekeh is an ancient roasted grain that has a really nice texture that is "nutty and chewy."  It's packed with protein and fiber, making it even more awesome than plain ole' brown rice and other grains.  What's also great about Freekeh Foods is that they have no GMO's, are USDA Organic and also vegan!  I was sent two flavors, Original and Rosemary & Sage.  I decided to keep it simple and go with Original.  Rather than using one of the several great recipes on their page, I decided to try my own.  Here is what I used:


1 cup warm kale, massaged in EVOO
1 cup prepared Original Freekeh
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons hemp seeds

It came out DELICIOUS!  I was actually surprised as to how flavorful it was and how great the texture was.  The combination of the sweetness from the cranberries along with the crunch the almonds and hemp seeds, on top of the hearty, nutty Freekeh and warm kale was perfection.  I will definitely be using this recipe again, and I look forward to trying the other two flavors and new recipes as well!

Be sure to like Freekeh Foods on Facebook and Instagram for more recipe inspirations today!

No comments:

Post a Comment