Friday, March 13, 2015

Favorite Recipe: Protein Pancakes



I started experimenting with protein pancakes several months ago.  After trying, and modifying, several recipes, I finally came up with one our family loves!  We love protein pancakes so much not only because they are low fat and gluten free, but they are absolutely delicious and very filling!  They are great for a pre-workout meal or are perfect for a "cheat clean" weekend breakfast.  Here is my favorite recipe, I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
2 very ripe bananas
2 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used AdvoCare Meal Replacement)
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Toppings
Maple syrup
Strawberries (or any other fruit)

Directions
Warm skillet to medium heat.  Poor 1-2 spoonfuls of batter into skillet.  Cook until golden on each side.  Top with favorite toppings and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment